Friday, April 27, 2007

Pearls before breakfast

From the Washington Post.com Musician Joshua Bell dresses down and
plays violin in the washington dc area and no one stopped to listen.
Huge article. I read somewhere in Beethoven's time classical composition was a sign of intellectual thinking in his day. If you were a composer you were
a thinker.

Mental ping pong. JFK said he always preferred talking wtih someone
who had mental ping pong. I do too.

I learned alot from writing here - a non- build a teacher blog.

I think for me, it's better to think about the after hours we'll have as a
teacher than the work arena. For me, I take it on faith you guys got
it together. Relaxing might be something different for you.

Thanks, and good night and good luck.

P.S. I don't have any secrets, but music is huge. Burt Bacharach is
my secret. Especially the last album At this Time. If you have an album
to play when you go home, that's just about everything. You can just
throw the rest of the world off you and get back to yourself.

No comments: